Rhinoceros v6 [Perpetual]
£954.00 [£795.00 ex VAT]
SALE! Rhinoceros v6, inc Grasshopper. Quick rendering. New display engine. Fast Make2D. Enhanced drafting. Rhino, more than just a 3D modeller!
Rhino can create, edit, analyse, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids, point clouds, and polygon meshes. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size beyond those of your hardware.
Special features include:
- Uninhibited free-form 3D modelling tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyse, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewellery.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair meshes and extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualisation without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Development platform for hundreds of specialty 3D products.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Affordable purchase price. No maintenance fees.
What's new in Rhino 6?
Grasshopper: The long beta period is over: Grasshopper, the world's most beautiful programming language, is now a full-fledged part of Rhino. Used in some of the most ambitious design projects of the past decade, Grasshopper, like Rhino, has become a robust development platform. Grasshopper provides the solid foundation for many incredible third-party components ranging from environmental analysis to robotic control.
Presentation: Presentation is key: during nearly every phase of design, you need to communicate, getting "buy-in" from clients, customers, collaborators, or the public at large. We've improved Rhino with the aim of helping you present your work: be it "quick and dirty" or "high-res glossy." With major changes to Rendering, Materials, or just plain capturing the viewport, it's now easier and faster to present, discuss, make decisions, and iterate.
Display: Rhino's new display pipeline is faster, more stable, and uses features found on modern graphics hardware, like GPU sensitive shaders and memory optimisations. This results in fewer GPU-specific display glitches and more consistent, beautiful, and frequent frames, even with large models. In some conditions, display speed can be up to 300% faster.
Documentation: Modelling is just one part of the design process; you also need to show how to build what is on the screen. We've refined many parts of the documentation workflow, from a completely reworked annotation-style interface, to better DWG support, and RichText throughout.
Licensing & Administration: Mcneel have worked hard to make Rhino easier to install, license, and configure. There's a great new option to license Rhino using the Cloud Zoo. Please check out the new System Requirements as well.
Make2D: Make2D has been completely rewritten to provide faster, better, cleaner, more customisable results.
Rhino Refinements: Small quirks add up to painful paper cuts over the course of a prolonged modelling session. In Rhino 6, we've fixed hundreds of minor bugs and consolidated disparate - but similar - features into single commands, making Rhino much more refined.
- 8 GB memory (RAM) or more is recommended.
- 600 MB disk space.
- OpenGL 4.1 capable video card is recommended.
- No more than 63 CPU Cores.
- Multiple-button mouse with scroll wheel is recommended.
- The SpaceNavigator is supported.
- Apple hardware is supported with Bootcamp.
- Windows 10, 8.1, or 7